Samsung Galaxy S III explodes in owner’s car
Talk about bad news for Samsung. Their new smartphone the Samsung Galaxy S III just got a bang, literally. Inside a car.
According to user dillo2k10 (obviously for anonymity), he was driving and his Samsung Galaxy S III was in the car mount. All of a sudden, there was a bang, white flame and sparks. When he checked, his phone was burnt and even its plastic case.
When news of the incident reached Samsung, they gave user dillo2k10 a new phone and reportedly also gave him some “free stuff”. However, with regards to why their Samsung Galaxy S III exploded, Samsung is still looking into the issue:
“There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung GALAXY S III that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.
“Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.”